When you suffer from depression, it feels like nothing can ever help, and nothing will ever change…
That is what depression does to your thinking. It makes you feel certain that you can never feel happy again.
It drains the pleasure from things you used to enjoy, makes you see everything through grey-tinted glasses and eradicates hope and energy.
In short, depression is a parasite that feeds off your life.
But when you know how depression works; what it needs to sustain it, then you start to gain power over it and hope flourishes again.
I have been trained in an approach to treating depression that focuses on getting you feeling better quickly.
The very first thing we will do in our session together is to ensure you understand why you are feeling this way. It has a lot to do with the levels of stress you are currently experiencing, which leads to physical as well as mental exhaustion.
Then I will work quickly to help you feel better by using deep relaxation with you. This is to prepare your brain to learn, because as you’ve probably noticed, depression makes it almost impossible to pay attention and retain information.
When you leave my office after that first session, I would expect you to feel better than you have in a long time.
But of course, depression doesn’t shift overnight.
In the following sessions, we will work together to:
- Reduce the amount of worrying and introspection you are doing
- Resolve any practical problems that are causing you stress
- Work on any relationship difficulties you may be having
- Help you balance your thinking so you are not plagued by negative thoughts
- As you feel better, gradually introduce elements to your life that will protect you from becoming depressed again
Depression can make you feel hopeless.
But there is hope, and I can help.